DDC - Plans of work - progress reports 1999 - Børre Ludvigsen
In view of the changed nature of administration of the DDC, this is a daily diary for Børre Ludvigsen, visiting professor.
Plans for April - May 1999: The Museum, arrangements for recording
talks, concerts, etc., review www.aub.edu.lb, correct errors in MOT
and finish the project, complete Nizar Qabani, Ibn-Sina, new panoramas
for the campus tour (update on quality and College Hall completion,
herbarium, economics, archaeology - BEY006, political science (history
basic information, constitution, etc.), arabic, workshops, training of
Projects 1) initiated, 2) completed or in 3) progress during this stay:
||Tasks and progress
- 990405: Started work on rebuilding the Mac - the disk is
completely fragmented and it has non-reparable FAT error.
Started redoing some of the tour photographs.
- 990406: Picture work and QTVR.
Reformatted and replaced programs on the desktop Mac. Mac 8500/150
install crashed "Bus error, invalid memory reference"
Meeting with Rim and SML librarians about article scanning.
- 990407: Meeting with H. Seeden & team.
QTVR for tour
Archaeologists met about format of the PCD base.
- 990408: Dicussion with Nada about DDC work.
Met Sigurdur Greipsson Biology about herbarium
QTVR - Repair to tour.
Training Rima Abdel Latif
- 990409: Rephotographed 3 panoramas.
- 990412: Repaired and renewed tour pages - adjustments and new
images around College Hall.
Met with students and reviewed what they have done.
- 990413: Conference on Beirut Archaeology. (Leyla Badre's talk.)
Training new students
Sigurdur Greipsson - herbarium
Discussed workplans with Nada
Meeting with Nabil.
- 990414: Workshop anouncement, new disk and memory on mac, training.
Worked on herbarium with SG, herbarium design and prototype.
- 990415: Met with Hassan Hassoun.
Linda Hall Archaeology Conf.
Met with Hans Curvers at Archaeology Conf.
- 990416: Post flora
tour training Fadi
MOT images Marwan
- 990503: Meeting Nada
Meeting Nada, Nabil about ddc-projects
Training students, training Mario on Archaeology PhotoCD base
- 990504: Training
Prepare for workshop
- 990505: Workshop all day.
- 990506: Administration
Archaeology PCD direction system
- 990510: UPS problems, ill.
- 990511: Training, Calligraphy.
- 990512: Calligraphy, meeting with S. Makarem
- 990513: Calligraphy, meeting about architecture slides, training, talk at LAU for National Librarians Association (1700 - 1830)
- 990514: Calligraphy, cleaning up, backup, training, briefing, meeting with G. Tomey.